Monday, March 2, 2009

THE TIME HAS COME FOR STRENGTH

THE TIME HAS COME TO LET YOU ALL KNOW THAT BOBBIE JO WILL BE ENTERING HOSPICE. SHE HAS NO OTHER OPTIONS, AND SHE NEEDS TO FIND PEACE AND BE WITH HEAVENLY FATHER. I SAID AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS BLOG THAT SHE WOULD NOT DIE. HER PHYSICAL BODY WILL- SHE WILL NOT. AS IN OTTO'S DEATH, (HE IS MY 13 YEAR OLD SON THAT WAS KILLED, FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DO NOT KNOW HIM) SHE WILL GO ON, BUT JUST NOT WITH US. I DON'T KNOW WHY THIS HAS HAPPENED. I CANNOT UNDERSTAND IT. I ONLY KNOW THAT THANKS TO THE GIFT OF THE ATONEMENT BY MY BROTHER JESUS CHRIST, WE WILL ALL LIVE TOGETHER AGAIN. HOW CAN I AS A MAMA, LET HER GO? I DO TAKE COMFORT IN THE FACT THAT MANY WHO LOVE HER ARE WAITING FOR HER. SHE WILL NOT BE ALONE- SHE WILL BE WITH HER GRANDADDY MARTIN WHO ALWAYS SAID SHE WAS HIS FAVORITE, AND GRANDMA LOLA WHO TAUGHT HER TO MAKE PIE- GRANDMOTHER MCKINSEY WHO TOOK SUCH PRIDE IN BOBBIE JO'S BEAUTY, MY DAD, WHO WILL JOKE WITH HER. MY GRANDFATHER WHO IS THE GREATEST MAN BESIDES MY MARTIN (INDEED THEY ARE SO VERY MUCH ALIKE) THAT I HAVE EVER KNOWN, AND MY GRANDA CARTER WHO IS THE REASON I AM WHO I AM. THERE ARE SO MANY OTHERS, BUT MOST ESPECIALLY HER PRECIOUS BROTHER OTTO. I AM SURE HE WILL COME TO TAKE HER TO HEAVEN. THEY ARE SO VERY CLOSE. SHE WILL HAVE SUCH JOY BEING WITH HIM AGAIN. I MUST CONSIDER THESE THOUGHTS AS I CONTEMPLATE THE REST OF MY EARTHLY LIFE WITHOUT BOBBIE JO. I HAVE BURIED ONE CHILD, THIS IS NOT NEW TO ME. I WILL GO ON, BECAUSE I HAVE SO MANY BLESSINGS IN MY ETERNAL COMPANION, OTHER CHILDREN, GRANDCHILDREN, FAMILY AND FRIENDS. INDEED, NO ONE HAS HAD SO MUCH LOVE IN THIER LIFE AS I. I REALIZE THAT I ONLY HAD 33 YEARS TO HAVE BOBBIE JO. SHE WILL LEAVE, BUT SHE WILL NOT BE GONE. AS THE NEXT FEW DAYS UNFOLD, I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING. PLEASE PRAY FOR A PEACEFUL PASSING FOR HER. PRAY FOR MY STRENGTH AS SHE DEPARTS FROM THIS WORLD. PRAY FOR HER DADDY, AS HE WILL BE DEVASTATED AT HER DEPARTURE. PRAY FOR MARTIN, AS SHE IS THE LOVE OF HIS LIFE. MOST OF ALL, PRAY FOR JAYBIRD, THAT HE WILL UNDERSTAND THAT HIS MAMA IS NOT GONE FROM HIM, ONLY SHE IS NOT HERE. PRAY THAT HE WILL UNDERSTAND THE LOVE HE HAS IN HIS WORLD. PRAY THAT HE CAN EXPRESS HIS GRIEF, AND THEN LEARN TO UNDERSTAND THIS TRAGEDY IN HIS LIFE. HE WILL NEVER BE ALONE, BUT HE WILL MISS HIS MAMA SO MUCH. LOVE, NANASEE

7 comments:

  1. I read this and thought of ya'll..Helaman 3:35,Nevertheless they did was stronger and stronger in their humility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea, even to the purifying and the sanctification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their yielding their hearts unto God. We are with ya'll, The Martins will remain strong, BobbieJo, God be with you 'til we meet again..We love you, and its OK, all will be well..linda & jorge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nevertheless they did wax...stronger, sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you Jodie. The children are still praying for Bobbie Jo and for Nana See and Papa See. We will be here for anything you or Jaybird ever needs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm praying for your continued acceptance. I will see you tomorrow. I love you lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jodi,

    In the 27 years I have known you I have never
    meet anyone as strong and a great example as you. It seems like just yesterday that I meet you and your family at your old house in Houston. But you have always been a great example to me and others.

    Remember our Heavenly Father as a plan for
    everyone of us. When that time comes you
    will have the strength to do make it day by
    day. You always have good friends which will
    be there to be your support team.

    If you need anything from us please don't
    hesitate to call us. Our prayers are with
    you and your family.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jodie and family,

    We pray for your family every day. My little Jordon is very worried about you. I know your sweet Otto is waiting for Bobbie Jo and the storries they will tell each other when they are reunited. It truley is Heavenly Fathers plan and through that plan You will be with them again. We love you, and your Family.

    Tracy & Gordon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I write this with such a heavy heart. How will we ever get through baseball without Bobbie Joe yelling at blue from the stands. As a Person, but mostly a Mother I am amazed by your strength and have an incredible admiration and respect for Martin and you. I openly weep as I write this with memories and pain for myself as well as for all of you, but especially Jared. You are right about one thing. Bobbie Joe is going to Heaven and Heaven's Gain is our Loss... Please know my prayers are with all of you...

    ReplyDelete