Thursday, February 26, 2009

STILL HANGING ON

I ARRIVED EARLY TODAY TO FIND BMARTIN AND BOBBIE JO SLEEPING PEACEFULLY IN HER ROOM. BMARTIN SPENDS EACH NIGHT WITH HER AND HE SLEEPS ON THE PULL DOWN BED IN THE ROOM. THE DAY WENT ON MUCH AS USUAL, QUIET TIME IN THE MORNING, THE DOCTORS COMING IN WITH INFORMATION- TODAY THE INFORMATION WAS THAT SHE HAD A SEVERE FUNGAL INFECTION IN HER EYE AND SINUSES (CAUSING THE AWFUL BLACKENED AREAS AND SWOLLEN EYE). THIS INFECTION IS SIMPLY ANOTHER INDICATION THAT THE CHEMO WILL BE VERY HARD ON HER. THEY AGAIN REITERATED THE DANGERS OF THE CHEMO-MAKING SURE THAT SHE REALIZED THE FACT THAT SHE MAY NOT SURVIVE IT. SHE AGAIN SAID, "GOR FOR IT AND HURRY UP!" SO, WE WAIT. AND PRAY. I LEFT THE HOSPITAL WITH MARTIN, AND AS I WAS GOING OUT INTO THE PARKING LOT, I MISSED THE CURB AND YES, YOU GUESSED IT, I FELL YET AGAIN! THIS TIME I HIT FACE DOWN AND ROLLED AROUND TRYING TO GET MY BALANCE. FORTUNATELY MARTIN WAS RIGHT THERE AS WELL AS BOBBIE JO'S FRIEND CARRIE AND TANYA MCCUTCHEON. THEY HELPED ME UP, AND I JUST STARTED CRYING. MARTIN SAID THAT I WAS JUST TIRED AND TO COME TO WORK WITH HIM. HE SAID THAT I COULD SLEEP ON THE COUCH, AND AFTER WORK, WE WOULD GO AND WAIT FOR AARON TO COME IN. ALL OF US WILL THEN GO TO THE HOSPITAL LATER TONIGHT. ALL OF THIS SEEMS SO SURREAL. I DON'T KNOW WHERE ALL OF THIS IS LEADING, I FEEL SO HELPLESS AND LIKE I AM IN A WHIRLWIND OF UNCERTAINTY. SOME ONE HAD THE NERVE TO TELL ME THAT IF I HAD THE FAITH REQUIRED, I WOULD'NT WORRY OR BE ANXIOUS OR SAD. WELL, MY FAITH IS STRONG AND I AM STILL ANXIOUS AND WORRIED. SO THERE! WE SHALL SEE WHAT HAPPENS, BUT I HAVE THE RIGHT TO HURT BECAUSE MY DAUGHTER IS IN PAIN. I WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED! LOVE, NANASEE

7 comments:

  1. Jodie - prior to this I only knew you as the jovial, self depreciating grandma that everyone enjoyed at J's baseball games - this blog has enlightened me to your intellegence, grace, faith and love of your family - and inspires me to be a better father/husband and not to take any of our time on this earth for granted. Thank you for sharing your experience, and God bless Bobbie Jo and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister See, this is Erin, Caleb's wife. We just discovered your blog a few days ago and I have been reading it and catching up on your family during this trying time in your lives. You truly inspire me with your faith! You have amazing faith and are an incredibly strong woman and mother. We are praying for you and for Bobby Jo. As I read this I find myself crying and praying with you and your family and rejoicing as well whenever there is good news or progress. It seems Bobby Jo has also experienced some miracles in all this and I pray there will be more of those. Caleb is driving down today to come see you. I want to come as well, but must stay behind to take our Gracie to her final soccer game. Thank you for posting this blog so that our hearts and minds and prayers can follow your family in this journey. My love to you and your family and God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jody im truely sorry that someone would dare question your faith. I could not begin to imagine the weight and pain of what you and the Martins have been and continue to endure. I had asked you to give science a chance and you so greatfully did. Now im asking you to use the gift of your faith as hard as anyone could and know that I will always stand with you and pray for the miracle Bobbie Jo so desparately needs and deserves. Again I apologize for my lack of faith but I know you have enough for us all.
    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry, I misspelled Bobbie Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know Jodi, I hate when docs say "It May Not Work"..Well if I baked a souffle, it MAY NOT RISE"..then what..Why is the glass always 1/2 empty..THEY don't have faith, YOU on the other hand, don't even go there..I've know you toooooo long girlie..HAHAHA..We laught at those who doubt or even say such things..THEY truly don't know YOU..We could sit on them..maybe their faith to breath again may be tested too..I loveyallbye..L

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sister See, your family is in my constant prayers and thoughts everyday. My mother's heart aches with yours! You are such a great and strong woman and I can tell that Bobbie Jo inherited that awesome quality. I am doing what I can to pass on the word for her and hopefully get her story out. Please let me know what I can do for you! I would gladly help with anything that you stand in need of. Let me know!

    Love,
    Jeannie Kubricht

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dear friend Jodie,
    You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers! You have more faith and strength than any person I have ever known! I am so glad that you created this blog so that we can keep updated on Bobbie Jo. I don't go to bed without reading your blog first. I have laughed when you laughed and cried when you cry. We've had many, many long talks and I want you to know that you are a great friend! You have a wonderful family that we love very much! You will always hold a special place in our hearts. All of your family will. Thank you for sharing your feelings both through this blog and with me personally. You have truly helped me to be a better person. Keep up the faith. Bobbie Jo is a strong fighter and will do whatever she can to fight this. Our thoughts and prayers are with each of you and pray for the best outcome with Bobbie Jo. May the Lord bless you all.
    Love,
    Pam Mace

    ReplyDelete