Friday, July 30, 2010

It's a boy!

How happy I am to report that my son Aaron and my darling daughter-in-law are going to give me another grandson! This will be their fourth child, (Ben, Ali and Audrey along with new baby) and number 7 grandchild for me!Yes, we are overrun with little boys in this family, and yes that makes the little girls that much more precious to me, but I don't care what it is, I am always happy and excited to know that yet another incredible child will be joining our family! The baby is due in December, so I have to get cracking on another Christmas stocking!
Update on Jacky, he is doing so much better, I guess this is the price you pay for new puppydom! Rocky is so happy to have a brother, he has stopped chewing on stuff, getting into stuff, sneaking stuff from off the counter, tearing up stuff in the yard and for the most part, stopped jumping on people when they come. Now, Jacky is chewing on stuff, getting into stuff, and tearing up stuff in the yard. Fortunately he is too short to reach the counter- but he has figured out that I keep the pig ear chewies in the bottom drawer next to the stove. I have threatened Martin that he had better remind me of this current puppy experience if I EVER decide that more than two German Shepherds is a good idea.
Martin has obtained a Bar-B-Que trailer that encloses a rotating pit that can accomodate up to 40 briskets. Now, this thing is parked next to the house for the time being, and it looks somewhat like a FEMA trailer on wheels. I am happy for him. For many years, he has wanted a large pit inside a large trailer that he could cook many large briskets on, and by the grace of Heavenly Father, not only did he find the pit of his dreams, but got it at the price of his dreams. There will be brisket! Lots and lots of briskets! Already orders are pouring in for Martin's talents, so perhaps this could be a retirement bonus! We are trying to think of a good name for Martin's efforts, and my grandson Ben has come up with a pretty good one. He suggested "Brisket Heaven" and if any of you have ever had Martin's brisket, you would probably agree that it is an appropriate name! I will keep you informed- there is much to tell you, and I am looking forward to sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment