Sunday, August 8, 2010

Chicken coup

Well, I received the proof for the new cookbook and had to look through it to make sure everything was printed correctly. It looks great, but I did find one mistake. In a recipe calling for chicken soup, the recipe said, "add one can of chicken coup." I think that is hilarious! I corrected it, but I wanted to share this with you.
Oh, and REALLY GREAT NEWS! Jacky has gone 3 days in a row without a doopie in the house! I am so pleased, that means that now I can take down the barriers to the living room and dining room. My house looks like a maze- you have to walk straight from the kitchen to the bathrooms and bedrooms, but hopefully my luck will hold and I can go back to normal.
Martin put together a gorgeous work center for me to work on to make the jelly, candies and other items. It makes me feel so good that he is so supportive of my efforts. I feel that I can go ahead with my dream of "From Nana's Kitchen" and express my talents. The work center has tons of storage, a wood butcher block top, and is 6 feet long. There is room for everything, tiny boxes of pectin, utinsels, lables, and on and on. I love organization, but I am the type of person who will forgo convienience if it is too costly. Martin told me that I was worth it, so now I am ready to go. I love making those mason jars with cookie mix in them, called "cookies in a jar" but it was hard to set up an assembly line for a lack of space. Now, I can just line up everything and go right down the line. I like to make chocolate chip, peanut butter chip, M&M cookies, brownies, oatmeal-cranberry-white chocolate chip- gingerbread and sugar cookies in a jar. The other idea I make is called "Alpha-Soup". It is alphabet pasta and other ingredients in a mason jar, and you just add it to 1 quart of boiling water to make a really yummy soup in no time! Hopefully, next month, I can display my items at a craft show and that should give me an idea of the popularity of my wares! I will keep you informed- thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment