Monday, July 19, 2010

Making progress!

Last night, we got the big idea that if we crated Jacky and took him out every couple of hours, he would understand that pooping in the house is a no-no. Between Martin and I, we were up every two hours as planned and this morning, no poo-poo on the floor. (I probably wouldn't have noticed anyway, I was so bleary and tired!) We had errands to run, and so we put a folding table against the doggie door so that Rocky and Jacky could enjoy the lovely summer day- (whatever, it is Houston, just plain hot, hot, hot!) Anyway, when I got home, the table was knocked over and an exhuberant Jacky was INSIDE the house. I braced myself for what I knew would be a mountain of poo, but to my delight and surprise, nothing! Then, just as I was congratulating myself on a job well done, mister Jacky went into the dining room where he always leaves his piles and tinkled right in front of me! I snatched him up and dribbled him through to the back door, where I deposited him in his designated "tinkle" area. Martin and I went to petco to get some other type of tinkle deterrant, and came home to yet another poo-free house! Even though there was no poo, I went in to yet again mop the dining room with a "guaranteed" odor remover and then it hit me. Sitting on the piano or near it in the dining room was the following: a gallon of vinegar, a large bottle of clorox clean up, 3 kinds of odor eliminator, a roll of paper towels, a roll of trash bags, a brand new super-sized box of swiffer mopping pads, the swiffer mop itself, (with another brand new container of cleaner in it) and a large can of Lysol. Something is dreadfully wrong here! Then, Martin came up with an idea. He went and got two giant cardboard boxes and made a barrier between the dining room and the rest of the house. After having a nice doggie dinner, Jacky began to forlornly sniff the barrier, pacing back and forth. I called him out to the yard, and Hallelujah! He did his business! Maybe I am jumping the gun, but there have been no more accidents tonight, and Jacky has gone in and out of the doggie door several times. I don't care if I have invested a royal amount on "anti-poo and pee" solutions, if the little dear can get the hang of going outside, then it will be money well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment